Good Morning! In just a few days we welcome the month of November with hearts filled with gratitude and thanks. Many of you have collected loads of chocolates and candy and it may be time to go out and exercise those calories off. I’ve been hearing awesome reports of Harvest Festivals and events throughout the district. I do hope you, your family, and your church are experiencing great days of outreach as we work together to win people to the Lord.
ENCOURAGEMENT: Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul; and forget not all His benefits… (Psalm 103:1-2) How often do you spend time in praise? I believe that most of us have no trouble with our times in petition. My list of needs are quite huge. Family… work… missions… decisions… health… guidance… you name it, I can come up with lots and lots of needs… but how about praise and thanks?
And David stops everything and says… “It’s time to praise the Lord; and praise Him from the depths of my heart.” But, more than anything, I’m grateful that David included that second verse in this psalm, “forget not all His benefits”. Has the Lord been good to you? He has to me. Sometimes while I’m driving I have to turn off the music, or talk radio… or go without a CD and share my thoughts with Him. And believe me… there are many hours in the week I’m on the road. Here are just a few benefits I’m blessed with:
- Jesus saves and sanctifies!
- The Lord is with me every moment of the day.
- I enjoy each and every church service I’m able to join in worship.
- The Los Angeles District has a rich heritage and an awesome future… so today we can strategically plan for tomorrow. What a benefit!
- My family is with me along the way.
- I love the rest I get in my own home each night. And there’s food in the fridge, water in the pipes, air in the ducts (both cold and hot)… and with the switch on the thermostat… I can change the temp anytime. Those are great benefits!
- A wonderful team to work alongside with… district staff, pastors, laymen, boards, committees… You are a blessing to me!
- The bottom line… I praise the Lord today. I will praise Him tomorrow.
DID YOU KNOW?:
- Our own missionary (retired), Mrs. Emily Ray, has just returned from a trip to Guatemala where many leaders from throughout Mesoamerica gathered to celebrate the 100th anniversary of NMI in Guatemala. We thank the Lord for the many… many leaders who have come from this small country to bless the world. I was privileged to be part of the Casa Robles Prayer Meeting on Thursday to hear Emily give this report.
- Santa Paula Nueva Vida Iglesia del Nazareno has granted their pastor a sabbatical, and today Pastor Ismael and Susanna Joaquin are visiting the Holy Land. We pray for their protection and that they will receive rest and renewal in their journey.
- Pastor Lizardo Amaya of Duarte Spanish Church informs us that they have recently constructed an “indoor” soccer field with lights and all. A great outreach tool to the community.
- Last Saturday more than 30 Hispanic leaders from across our district met together for inspiration, teaching, and fellowship right here in the district office. I enjoyed this special time with my brothers and sisters.
- Pastor Peter Lundell has a great page up and running on the web for all of our students to follow. Check it out: www.LADTC.org
I love you all and pray for the Lord’s greatest blessing of His great presence on your lives and ministry. Have a wonderful weekend and a Super Sunday!
BTW… Is the District Christmas Dinner on your calendar? Monday, December 7 @ 6:00 in Newhall. Complimentary for lead pastors and spouses. $15 per additional staff and leader.
Los Angeles District Superintendent
Church of the Nazarene
FOR YOUR INFORMATION…
PRIVACY FOR ALL: May I encourage you to read through the letter written below that was directed to my attention!
We are contacting you to see if the Church of Nazarene would consider working with us in collecting signatures to stop co-ed bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers in our public schools and government buildings. Please consider helping us protect our children’s privacy in public schools and from being vulnerable to predators. (Attached is a press release with more information and below is a letter we have sent out to churches who have helped us in the past.)
We need to gather 500,000 signatures by November 20, 2015 to have this initiative put on the 2016 ballot for next year. So time is of the essence!
Thank you for considering getting involved in this important petition drive to protect our children’s privacy. For more information about this petition drive, feel free to go to: www.privacyforall.com. To have petitions sent to you, please contact me at (909) 251-0902.
Thank you so much,
Calvary Chapel Chino Hills
Privacy For All Campaign Office